Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My First Purchases

I recently signed up for about 5 yahoo groups and am trying to get a grasp on the whole cloth diapering world. I really want to keep track of how much money I spend, mainly for my own records. I am hoping as time goes by that I will waste less and spend more appropriately. We shall see.

E-Bay:
lot of five NEW NB to 3m size diaper covers AIO Girls - 10.70 + 4.21 = 14.91 /5 = $2.98 per cover
- Thoughts: They are not well made - probably about the same quality as I could make. Not the best material either. BAD PURCHASE. I'll chalk it up to experience, as it was my first.

New 2 AIO Pocket Cloth Diapers,Inserts,Liners PUL Print - 12.99 + 3.50 = 16.49/2 = $8.24 per diaper
- Thoughts: These are well made WAHM diapers. I think this was money well spent because it gives me an idea of how to make AIO diapers without freaking out over snaps. I think they are too bulky for a smaller baby, but will set them aside for later. I do not like the feel of the microfiber cloth insert, so I know to be leery before buying any more.

NEW WHITE DIAPER SPRAYER/WASHER *FREE SHIPPING* - 31.95
- Thoughts: Well, if I hadn't been impulsive because the auctions were ending in 5 min. I could have saved $7 - they reposted for $24.95. Other than that, the sprayer hasn't come, so I have no thoughts. I'm looking forward to it for Silas' dirty pants though. I'm tired of dealing with them by hand! The E-Bay auction was still about $10 off retail, so all-in-all it's okay. But I should have been smarter.

CLOTH THOUGHTS (Yahoo group)

I haven't received this yet, so I'll have to update later.

Lastin 1/4" - .19/ yd x 10 yd = 1.90
1" Navy Touch Tape - .35/ yd x 3 = 1.05
Turquoise Stretch Baby Terry - 2yd 25" = 9.43
Lavender Stretch Baby Terry - 1.5 yd = 5.25
Citrus PUL - < 2yd = 10.75
Turquoise PUL - 1yd = 6.50

Total = $34.88 + 10.00 Shipping = $44.88

E-Bay - 31.40 (diapers only, sprayer was an extra purchase I am not going to total)
Cloth Thoughts - 44.88

Total = 76.28

Okay, this is starting to get expensive. I am going to take a break, wait for everything to come in and figure out what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment